Seasoning Arteflame with Crisbee Cast Iron Seasoning
- #1 Authorized Retailer
- FAST & FREE Shipping
- Satisfaction or Return within 30 Days
- No Sales Tax (Exclude WA)
- Question? Contact us: (833) 247-2926
Please allow 4-7 days for delivery. Want to delay delivery for a later date? No problem! Just contact us.
Due to the effects of COVID-19,shipping times may vary. Please contact us(live chat, call or email) about availability.
Carbon Steel and Cast Iron are very similar. This is why both are very good for cooking and grilling. The main difference is that Carbon Steel contains about 1% Carbon while Cast Iron contains 2% - 3% Carbon. This difference might not sound like much but the carbon effects the grain structure of the metal.
When Cast Iron is heated unevenly, the heat differential causes stress in the metal as the thermal expansion is uneven. When this stress encounters a pocket of carbon, Cast Iron cracks. This is also why Cast Iron often breaks when it is dropped. The area of high carbon is extremely brittle and can’t stand the shock.
In a grill, the heat is never uniform. This makes cast Iron an especially poor choice for grill inserts. For this reason, all Arteflame cooktops, inserts, griddles and Burger Pucks are made of only Carbon Steel.
- 18" and 24" Green Egg Style inserts include 3" spacers to elevate the insert
- Use with wood or charcoal
- Precision laser cut from solid US steel for ready to use food grade finish
- Virtually maintenance-free: 60 second clean up
- Cooktop seasons with use
- Made in USA, guaranteed not to break or crack
- *Grill NOT INCLUDED* with purchase
- Arteflame is not Affiliated in any way with Kamado or The Big Green Egg Company
Note: When the insert arrives, the cooktop will be silver (unseasoned). It will develop the dark black color shown in the images once it's been used several times.