Griddle / Plancha Insert for Gas, Electric or Charcoal Grills
- #1 Authorized Retailer
- FAST & FREE Shipping
- Satisfaction or Return within 30 Days
- No Sales Tax (Exclude WA)
- Question? Contact us: (833) 247-2926
Please allow 4-7 days for delivery. Want to delay delivery for a later date? No problem! Just contact us.
Due to the effects of COVID-19,shipping times may vary. Please contact us(live chat, call or email) about availability.
Why buy an Arteflame insert?
Unparalleled Quality with Attention to Detail:
- Arteflame only uses certified steel. This steel is cleaned, rinsed and scale free. This is a crucial distinction between less expensive cooktop surfaces that are unsafe for cooking, materials that can make you ill, deteriorate quickly or chip and break.
- When steel is made, an oxide layer referred to as “scale” appears. This is due to the scaly nature of its appearance that develops on the surface of the steel. This scale contains all the impurities in the steel that come to the surface when the steel cools. Arteflame uses an extensive cleaning process that removes any scale and all other impurities before we even start manufacturing. This results in the smooth, clean Arteflame insert surface you see and grill on.
- Arteflame steel then gets precision cut on expensive laser machines, wiped clean and oiled. This insures every Arteflame insert will have a smooth, food grade surface where no food particles can lodge and hide.
- This step, while more expensive, ensures a top quality product that is immediately ready for cooking and also guaranteed to be food grade safe.
- Carbon Steel and Cast Iron are very similar. This is why both are very good for cooking and grilling. The main difference is that Carbon Steel contains about 1% Carbon while Cast Iron contains 2% - 3% Carbon. This difference might not sound like much but the carbon effects the grain structure of the metal.
- When Cast Iron is heated unevenly, the heat differential causes stress in the metal as the thermal expansion is uneven. When this stress encounters a pocket of carbon, Cast Iron cracks. This is also why Cast Iron often breaks when it is dropped. The area of high carbon is extremely brittle and can’t stand the shock.
- In a grill, the heat is never uniform. This makes cast Iron an especially poor choice for grill inserts. For this reason, all Arteflame cooktops, inserts, griddles and Burger Pucks are made of only Carbon Steel.
- Various Grill Grate Replacement Insert Sizes Available for a Perfect Fit
- Use with wood or charcoal
- Precision laser cut from solid US steel for ready to use food grade finish
- Virtually maintenance-free: 60 second clean up
- Cooktop seasons with use
- Made in USA, guaranteed not to break or crack
- *Grill NOT INCLUDED* with purchase
There are many grills and many different grill grate sizes. As these often change, make sure you order the correct size for your grill. The simplest way of making sure you get the right size is by measuring the grill grate that came with your grill. Then simply select the corresponding size from the drop down list. Many people also buy the size they like best and just lay it on top of the existing grill grates.
Measure the overall length (long side) and the overall width (short side). Then select the corresponding Arteflame insert from the drop down list. As the stock grill grates fit fairly loose, measuring within 1/4" is perfectly fine.
Note: When the insert arrives, the cooktop will be silver (unseasoned). It will develop the dark black color shown in the images once it's been used several times.